Services to industry
Warehousing & storage
HD Forwarding Ltd
Mergers & Acquisitions
Shipping from India to USA
How long does it take to ship to the US from India?
Typically, goods might take around 10-12 days, however always expect 15, so if you are in a hurry, please take this into account. The size, weight and contents of your parcel might also affect how long a parcel takes to be delivered, however, whatever the goods, the parcel must be checked in customs, which can generally be retained at this stage for a week.
What must I make sure I do before sending off my parcel?
When sending a parcel from India to the US, you must make sure you complete the following:
- Attach invoices in English – All shipments must contain a commercial invoice
- Clearly describe your goods
- State where your goods were made
- Include an Employer Identification Number (EIN) –Either the shipper, customs agent or recipient needs to provide the importer’s EIN on the commercial invoice.
- Include the HS code
Checking restricted and prohibited goods
It is important to always check the restricted and prohibited goods when shipping any item to another country. Do not assume the regulations, as each country can be different. It’s always best to check and know your goods will pass customs.
- Pornographic and obscene materials
- Maps and literature where Indian external boundaries have been shown incorrectly.
- Second-Hand Goods
- Medicine, regardless of quantity
- Used Electronics
Examples of prohibited items via courier:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal skins (non-domesticated)
- Articles of exceptional value (e.g., works of art, antiques, precious stones, gold and silver)
- Batteries containing liquid
- Compressed Gas
- Dangerous goods / Hazardous materials (following IATA regulations for Express and Expedited, and following ADR regulations for Standard)
- Firearms or air rifles
- Flammable products of any type
- Ignitable Gas
- Incapacitating Sprays
- Ink or Toner Cartridges
- Ivory and ivory products
- Knives or weapons
- Live animals
- Meat or animal products
- Money and negotiable items
- Nail Varnish
- Perfume, aftershave and other fragrances
- Pornographic materials
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Hoverboards prohibited with DHL, FedEx, UPS & TNT
- TV’s prohibited with TNT and Hermes
- White goods (Such as cookers/fridges/washing machines)
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS IMPROVING THE LOGISTICS SECTOR
The evolution of technology has dramatically [...]
HOW FREIGHT COMPANIES ARE IMPROVING IN 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a [...]